March 1: School Board Adopts Updated Safe Learning Plan
ISD 110 will implement the new Safe Learning Plan starting March 15, 2021
E-5 Safe Learning Plan
- E-5 students will continue 5 days a week In-Person instruction as they have been doing now for several weeks
- School will be in session for E-5 students on Monday, March 15
- All safety protocols will continue to be in place for In-Person Learning
- Elementary schools will update their calendar to align the monthly Distance Learning (DL) days to be on Friday
- Parents continue to have the option to request Distance Learning
6-8 Safe Learning Plan
- WMS plans to transition 7-8 grade students to In-Person Learning on Tuesday, March 16, and continue the 4.5 day model of instruction for grade 6
- WMS staff planning time for the transition will be Monday, March 15
- All students in grades 6-8 do not have school on Monday, March 15
- All 6-8 students will be released approximately 2 hours early each Friday starting March 19th. This will allow for the mandated preparatory time for staff providing In-Person and DL instruction. On Fridays, all students will have an abbreviated class schedule.
- Safety protocols implemented for In-Person Learning to ensure the safest environment possible.
- We will do our best to accommodate student 3 foot social distancing in the classroom.
- 6th graders will be able to maintain 6 feet of social distancing in most instances transferring their Hybrid model to the full In-Person model
- Parents continue to have the option to request for Distance Learning (DL).
9-12 Safe Learning Plan
- WHS plans to transition 9-12 grade students to In-person Learning on Tuesday, March 16
- WHS staff planning time for the transition will happen on Monday, March 15
- All students in grades 9-12 do not have school on Monday, March 15
- All 9-12 students will have a remote learning day each Friday starting March 19th. This will allow for the mandated preparatory time for staff providing In-Person and DL instruction. With all WHS staff providing DL instruction to some students in each of the classes they teach, it will take more time to connect to our DL students. Friday mornings will be student connection time, with an emphasis placed on our distance learners, and the afternoon will be for the mandatory planning time.
- Safety protocols will be implemented for In-Person Learning to ensure the safest environment possible
- We will do our best to accommodate student 3 foot social distancing in the classroom
- Activities will continue as allowed by the state
- Parents continue to have the option to request for Distance Learning
Waconia Learning Center Safe Learning Plan
- Starting the week of March 15th, all students will be back in session 4 days a week. The Waconia Learning Center will follow the high school schedule because of an increase in shared students between the buildings.
- Staff will use Monday, March 15th, as a planning day to transition to having all students in the building 4 days per week.
- In order to maintain as much social distancing, we are working to move student schedules to reduce class sizes in areas where we can.
- Starting the week of March 15th, credit recovery will move back to an In-Person model. We have extended our hours, to 2 hours per evening, to support an increase in students needing more credit.
- Parents continue to have the option to request for Distance Learning (DL)
Superintendent Devine Parent Update March 2021
Superintendent Devine Parent Update Feb. 12
Explore your passions. Create your success.
Follow Waconia Public Schools